Thread: NAT error help

NAT error help

ok so ive read through a bunch of posts on here trying to figure out how to fix my NAT error.

i already established a static ip and got my dns servers #s from my isp so thats all set. i turned off the firewall on my comp and i also went into my network and opened up a port.

but when i open up azureus and try to configure it and put in a port i get an error that reads: "NAT Error - Connection to 69.182.58.165:68__ (your computer) refused" for any port even the one i open

any clues on what to do next? is the static ip thing i setup wrong?

thanks
    chris

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by greenblinker104 View Post
    ok so ive read through a bunch of posts on here trying to figure out how to fix my NAT error.

i already established a static ip and got my dns servers #s from my isp so thats all set. i turned off the firewall on my comp and i also went into my network and opened up a port.

but when i open up azureus and try to configure it and put in a port i get an error that reads: "NAT Error - Connection to 69.182.58.165:68__ (your computer) refused" for any port even the one i open

any clues on what to do next? is the static ip thing i setup wrong?

thanks
    chris
    Hi.

I have had the same error. I used Azureus before without problems but now I got the same error as you mention. I have found a solution that worked for me

The thing is that I have changed my local IP address and didn't think that it could have any impact on Azureus... but it did. So my solution was the following:
    0) got my local IP address by running "IPCONFIG" form within a command prompt
    1) from within Azureus went to "Tools | Options"
    2) selected "Mode"
    3) changed the mode setting to "Advanced"
    4) selected "Advanced Network Settings"
    5) noticed that the "Bind to local IP address or interface" was set to my old IP address (you should consider to stop this steps if that is not the case for you)
    6) changed the "Bind to local IP address or interface" to my new local IP address
    7) restarted Azureus

Well, this is very detailed so ANYBODY should be able to follow it.

Btw, remember to change your "Mode" setting if you don't want it to be "Advanced"

Hope it helps others