What modem do you own? You could have a brouter mdoem plus router does the speed hit where it should with out the router?
Try theast your rwin is way to high
Try thease in the sg optmizer below me to download and install
General Settings tab:
Custom settings - check
Modify All Network Adapters - check
network adapter selection - your NIC
TTL - 64
TCP Receive Window -63888
MTU Discovery - Yes
Black Hole Detect - No
Selective Acks - Yes
Max Duplicate ACKs - 2
TCP 1323 Options:
Windows Scaling - not checked
Timestamps - uncheck
Advanced Settings tab:
Max Connections per Server - 10
Max Connections per 1.0 Server - 20
LocalPriority - 5
Host Priority - 6
DNSPriority - 7
NetbtPriority - 8
Lan Browsing speedup - optimized
QoS: NonBestEffortLimit - 0
ToS: DisableUserTOSSetting - 0
ToS: DefaultTOSValue - 240
MaxNegativeCacheTtl - 0
NetFailureCacheTime - 0
NegativeSOACache Time - 0
LAN Request Buffer Size - 32768
Then select "Apply Changes" and reboot to take effect
b]VERY IMPORTANT TO DO THE FOLLOWING:[/b]
1. Under your LAN connection - properties - general tab, uninstall all the protocols there that you do not need. For a stand alone pc all you need is Internet Protocol TCP/IP.
2. Open IE and select tools - internet options - connections - LAN settings, make sure NOTHING there is checked.
3. ALWAYS connect your modem via ethernet (NIC) and make sure you have the latest drivers for your NIC from the manufacturer and set your duplex mode to "auto". If you are using a router make sure you have the latest firmware.
4. Clean out your temporary internet files with CrapCleaner.
5. Power cycle your modem i.e. unplug it for at least 15 seconds.
6. Download, update and scan with SpyBot S&D 1.4, Ad-Aware SE 1.06 & ewido anti-spyware 4.0 to remove any spyware then install and update SpywareBlaster 3.5.1 to stay spyware FREE.
7. Make sure you do the faster web page tweak in our Help & Tips page.
8. If you aren't currently using a firewall then I suggest you install Kerio Personal Firewall 2.1.5, it's FREE and uses next to no resources.
9. Do a FREE online virus scan from BitDefender Online Scan and remove all that it finds.
10. Make sure you have ALL of the latest Windows Updates.