Thread: Ambit Broadband Cable Modem

Ambit Broadband Cable Modem

Edit: Nevermind... Problem again.

I called up Champion Broadband(My Provider) and they helped me out but to no resolution because about an hour after the call the problem started again.. Now the Modem is just directly connected to my Computer and the problem still occurs... Is there a high chance the problem may be coming from the Modem itself? Because I asked teh company and they said they provide many modems and this one is the common one, but when I checked their website, the site seems 'unfinished' as the links do not work. Here is a link to the Modems site. http://www.ambitbroadband.com/broadband/U10C018.php

Also as i forgot that I deleted my message... The problem is that my Connection 'drops' sporadicly(Randomly) and the only way I can get the connection back is by 'repairing' the connection(Double clicking the Connection Icon in Taskbar). But I mean within an hour having to do it over 10 times is a burden don't you think?

Dear Readers,

I called up Champion Broadband(My Provider) and they helped me out but to no resolution because about an hour after the call the problem started again.. Now the Modem is just directly connected to my Computer and the problem still occurs... Is there a high chance the problem may be coming from the Modem itself? Because I asked teh company and they said they provide many modems and this one is the common one, but when I checked their website, the site seems 'unfinished' as the links do not work. Here is a link to the Modems site. http://www.ambitbroadband.com/broadband/U10C018.php

Also as i forgot that I deleted my message... The problem is that my Connection 'drops' sporadicly(Randomly) and the only way I can get the connection back is by 'repairing' the connection(Double clicking the Connection Icon in Taskbar). But I mean within an hour having to do it over 10 times is a burden don't you think?

Added information, I have tried switching the Ethernet Cables around and that didn't do much.

Edit: It seems that the connection usually drops when I am Downloading... If I don't download and just purely surf the net the connection stays... So I am not really sure how that works out... I am not 100% positive that this is the case, but it seems to be so far.
    Last edited by LilAznCultivato; 02-10-06 at 05:27 PM.

the website it self dont even work

Quote Originally Posted by cableguy2k7 View Post
    the website it self dont even work
    Well the post is over a year old