Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: THIS , is why comcast sucks...

You can copy out of cmd.exe. Right click in the box and click mark then highlight with your mouse and press enter to copy.

Comcast needs a class-action lawsuit against them immidently

Comcast needs a class-action lawsuit against them immidently!!!!

There customer service is horrible.

they affect peoples businesses, and lives, they cause people across the country headaches, aggravation, multiple missed work days waiting around for them, and the list goes on. The whole company, owners, managers, and whole corporate office are mean, nasty, mother ****ers and something needs to be done! And this is a problem in every state in the U.S.

I agree to a extent. when the service is running good its great...but of course like now I'm two weeks into something wrong and they haven't figured it out yet.. its like they wait for it to go completely bad then fix it. And as for CSR's you might get lucky from time to time and get one that knows something besides how to unplug and plug the modem back in .but other wise you just get the ones that read from the help pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Comcast Sucks View Post
    Comcast needs a class-action lawsuit against them immidently!!!!

There customer service is horrible.

they affect peoples businesses, and lives, they cause people across the country headaches, aggravation, multiple missed work days waiting around for them, and the list goes on. The whole company, owners, managers, and whole corporate office are mean, nasty, mother ****ers and something needs to be done! And this is a problem in every state in the U.S.
    Not in CT

Service is great and the people on the phones have always been polite when I call.

Quote Originally Posted by YARDofSTUF View Post
    Not in CT

Service is great and the people on the phones have always been polite when I call.
    YOU SUCK!

I agree that Comcast sucks

In my area they provide a Scientific Atlanta box with a Microsoft operating system. The box is fine, but I think that the MS system sucks compared to
    the channel selector that came with my set. I have DVR services, but its so much harder to work that a Tivo I rarely ever use it. We don't have a single premium channel, but we're paying over $55 a month, which is just too much money.

Fortunately, there are great alternatives to Comcast through fiber optics in my neighborhood and Dish network anywhere that I discovered at www.comcastyousuck.com

I made it clear, in my initial chat to get everything set up (the $99 2-year package) was to get my phone # ported over from Vonage. The rep in the chat said that it was underway. It wasn't. I called in on 8/31, spoke with Operator LGY who said that there was an error & was going to resubmit the process & call me today, 9/4. He did not. I called in yet again today and spoke to a manager who said that he would have a rep call me back to get the port re initiated YET AGAIN. They did not. Comcast simply does not care about their customers. They lie, they overpromise, and they have simply forgotten what it means to provide customer service. I inquired about switching away from them at one point last year and all of the sudden when I hung up, my internet was disconnected and I went through 3 hours of troubleshooting to get it up and running again. They simply do not care, they are vindictive and retaliatory - THEY DO NOT CARE!!!!! If there's a problem, they won't call you back or email you. If they say they will follow up with you, THEY WILL NOT. THEY DO NOT CARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am FINALLY making headway, after nearly 3 weeks since my initial setup, of getting my phone # ported over from Vonage. Unbelievable. Your story is absolutely terrible. I myself own a business and if I treated my customers this way, I would be out of business. They have grown bloated and fat and lazy...they try to trap you in voice mail and online chats so that they don't have to actually talk to you, it's ridiculous. A little secret I learned when calling in, press "0" 3x even after the voice prompt lady says "that's not a valid option" and you'll be directed to customer service. COMCAST SUCKS!!!!!!!! To further illustrate how sneaky they are: I always pay my bill on time and usually pay over what is due in the event that in some future month I might be able to skip a bill. I had a $66 credit on my bill. When I complained about all these problems (multiply so), they gave me a credit for one month of $125. But in doing so, they swallowed up my existing credit of $66. So basically, I've paid them $66 and they just conveniently "forgot about it", thinking that I wouldn't notice. UNBELIEVABLE GALL!!!! I totally WISH there would be a class-action lawsuit. I see these commercials about the "Comcast" guarantee and just laugh and shake my head, incredulous. And now they're trying to hide behind the new name "XFinity" - like no one knows that that's actually Comcast. Give me a break. Lord, PLEASE bring Verizon Fios to Seattle NOW and I will be customer NUMERO UNO.

LMAO, Ya they're trying to hide their name, sure. It says Comcast all over the Xfinity stuff. If you want to talk to someone directly, then don't do the online chat.

And learn how to use paragraphs.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    Quote Originally Posted by istariphoenix View Post
    I And now they're trying to hide behind the new name "XFinity" - like no one knows that that's actually Comcast. Give me a break. Lord, PLEASE bring Verizon Fios to Seattle NOW and I will be customer NUMERO UNO.
    Huh? XFinity is a Comcast product, they're not trying to hide behind it.
    It's like U-Verse is an AT&T product...same thing
    or FiOS is a Verizon product....same thing

Speaking of Verizon..yuck, their support. I deal with ISPs all the time on my job....days I have a Comcast project to work with...I don't worry, because I usually have a great experience with their support. Days I have a Verizon project on my plate...I dread....I don't look forward to those days.
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!

IM having pings fluctuate all over since going to Comcast a couple weeks ago. Does this trace route make sense? I'm in N.E Pa. This trace is using the first dns server ip I found in my linksys e1000 router on the status tab. I dropped verizon dsl for cable because I expected it to be so much better for hosting a dedicated server in a game ive been playing for 10 years now.

Trace Route to 75.75.76.76 [cdns02.comcast.net]

Hop (ms) (ms) (ms) IP Address Host name
    1 0 0 0 206.123.64.154 jbdr2.0.dal.colo4.com
    2 0 0 0 64.124.196.225 xe-4-2-0.er2.dfw2.us.above.net
    3 0 0 0 64.125.27.77 xe-1-0-0.er1.dfw2.us.above.net
    4 4 3 3 64.125.13.186 above-comcast.dfw2.us.above.net
    5 1 1 0 68.86.86.153 pos-2-3-0-0-cr01.dallas.tx.ibone.comcast.net
    6 5 5 5 68.86.94.134 so-6-1-0-0-ar01.greenspoint.tx.houston.comcast.net
    7 5 5 5 68.85.244.150 po-12-ur01.greenspoint.tx.houston.comcast.net
    8 5 5 5 75.75.76.76 cdns02.comcast.net

Trace complete
    Last edited by ou8it; 10-30-11 at 09:37 AM. Reason: SOrry for bumping this old thread,, mod please feel free to delete post and I'll repost in new thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ou8it View Post
    IM having pings fluctuate all over since going to Comcast a couple weeks ago. Does this trace route make sense? I'm in N.E Pa. This trace is using the first dns server ip I found in my linksys e1000 router on the status tab. I dropped verizon dsl for cable because I expected it to be so much better for hosting a dedicated server in a game ive been playing for 10 years now.

Trace Route to 75.75.76.76 [cdns02.comcast.net]

Hop (ms) (ms) (ms) IP Address Host name
    1 0 0 0 206.123.64.154 jbdr2.0.dal.colo4.com
    2 0 0 0 64.124.196.225 xe-4-2-0.er2.dfw2.us.above.net
    3 0 0 0 64.125.27.77 xe-1-0-0.er1.dfw2.us.above.net
    4 4 3 3 64.125.13.186 above-comcast.dfw2.us.above.net
    5 1 1 0 68.86.86.153 pos-2-3-0-0-cr01.dallas.tx.ibone.comcast.net
    6 5 5 5 68.86.94.134 so-6-1-0-0-ar01.greenspoint.tx.houston.comcast.net
    7 5 5 5 68.85.244.150 po-12-ur01.greenspoint.tx.houston.comcast.net
    8 5 5 5 75.75.76.76 cdns02.comcast.net

Trace complete
    Well you prob should have stayed with DSL if the connection and upload was better AND if they allowed you to host a server...Comcast TOS does not allow this and they will cut you off so unless you plan on getting a business account with them you may as well stop where you are.

The game i host is dead, 50 players max ,, never more thatn 10 in my server so they won't be cutting me off. I just think there is something wrong with the routing and hoping it can be changed. Possibly my linksys router is not configured correctly. It takes me 5 min to download a 1/2 mb file from the computer right next to me. That just is not right imo.

Somewhere along the shoreline in New England
    What is the MTU on your router set to? With cable, should be 1500. Might be on auto or still be on 1492 from the DSL, try changing it to 1500.
    Comcast won't bag you for running a small game server.
    Taking 5 minutes to download a 1/2 meg file is strange and possibly shows an issue with the router (not your ISP)...how you are downloading it, from the LAN IP?
    MORNING WOOD Lumber Company
    Guinness for Strength!!!