Thread: My Modem turns off every 3 minutes! GRR

Post My Modem turns off every 3 minutes! GRR

Hello,
    I am really getting ticked off. Every 3-5 minutes my modem turns off. It is not the power, because when i am playing q3, it goes connection interupted and i look up at the modem, the lights are still on, then like 3secs later it turns off for like 5secs and then does the regular boot up thing as if i was to turn it on and off again. Iv been on at homes case for 4 days now. this is really getting me annoyed. Any ideas y..anyone? here is a letter i just e-mail to @home. Now known as shaw.

__________________________________________-
    HEllo,
    Iv called ur tech support, and we have still not resolved the issue on y my modem keeps on shutting off all the time. This is now the 4th day it has been doing this and im really getting pissed off now. I keep geting disconnected off IRC, im in the middle of my games and off goes my modem! I was just downloading a 300meg file and its all lost because my modem shut off. This is defenately NOT a power issue as when im playing quake 3 it goes connection interupted and i look up at my modem, it is not turned off the online light is still on, and then all of a sudden off goes the online light...blinks a few times...then it does the normal thing..as if i was to turn it on and off again. It used to do it once and a while, but now it does this stupid thing every 1-2 mins. I am so really pissed off right now. Look at my records. When i call tech support they are amazed at all the problems iv had. I called in 4days ago with my modem thing AND NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE! I DO NOT PAY $55.00 a month to have this. I am sick and tired of this. I want refunds for all the crap i have to go through. I have still not gotten rufunds for the 3months that i had lower than a 28.8 modem speeds. Dont Believe me? Goto http://members.home.net/kewlmatt13/speed.htm .And this new backbone. I was promised for 4 months that its just rogers servers that are bad. Wait till the new backbone comes. here we have the new backbone and i barely make 20 kb/sec. What is up with that. Im sick and tired of this. I have had 5 techs out here that do nothing. "Ooh your "ping" to yahoo.com is great" "sorry but i find nothing wrong with your connection". And they leave. Well i go back and do a download and im getting my slow speeds. So i call up tech support. Well well send a ticket off to the network team...call back 2 days later. "well they did not find anything wrong, il send another ticket off to a different network team" CAll back 2days later. "what was the problem again'? and i explain the whole thing out again. Then they have no clue, and they stick me on hold for 10mins while they read through all my notes on whats happened. Like this is serious BS. I was installed on October 20th and i have has the crappyiest service in the world! What are you doing? You website...when i got the service says You Will get up to 3mb/sec. Well now that was taken down...amazing! There was 1 tech (the last tech iv had) that was half decient. He came in, and he went to toast.net and he did not even let the imaage load up as it was going so slow. I just got a brand new computer...so it is defenatly not my computer. The last guy here brought a labtop and same speeds. My main concern right now is why the hell does my modem keep going off every 1-2minutes. Im playing my games single player as it is pointless to even go online. This has nothing, like i said b4 to do with the power supply as it cuts out..while the online light is on...then it turns off, and 5seconds later the lights start flashing. I have a tech comming out on the 27th and there is NO WAY i am putting up with my modem going off every 1-2mins till the 27th. And sending him out here is pointless, except for the speed issue, as it is not the power supply. Its you guys that have somethign wrong and its turning it Off. This is insanity. I pay 55.00 a month and my modem shuts off every 2mins. There is somethng totally wrong with that!

Can you please fix this. As you can see i am getting sick and tired of this.

Matt

Thanks All )

I think the pictures of your various traceroutes and speedtests are your best arguments. There is no way they can deny what those screenshots clearly show, unless they just dont give a crap about customer service, which is also possible.

Eaglescout

Originally posted by Eaglescout:
    There is no way they can deny what those screenshots clearly show
    Deny, no. Ignore and play dumb, yes.

kewlmatt13, just keep harassing them until they take corrective action.

I really think that they think they are good at playing dumb... its totally ovbious they know what is going on, they just choose to ignore it.

Wink

This is a modem problem or possibly a bad power supply adapter for your modem. Either way you need a cable tech out on a truck roll to fix the problem.

Your sarcastic email to your ISP will not expedite the truck roll request either!

Regards - Steve

Talking

I would just call them and nicely explain your problem. This will proubly get a quicker respones. I know with my provider. TimeWarner Road Runner if you are haveing a problem and you call them and explain to them nicely or go online and talk to the tec about your proublem. They will give you a ticket. The next day someone calls you and sets you upfor the next day with a appointment for a tec to come out. If you are rude to them it may take up to amonth to get any help.!
    Have A Nice Day!!!!!!!!!

Well, @home is different. If u talk 2 them nicely, they dont take u seriously. All the time b4 i talked 2 them nicely and polite and nothing gets done. So now im pissed and im B****ing at them caus its making me mad! Really very mad!

Matt

My modem wouldn'nt turn off butt all the lights would go off. . then 1 light would go on then 2 and so on then it would start over i was told to "power cycle" the modem and that worked but i may be that u just have a bad modem. .

Power cycling is the second step on the troubleshooting script that they read from. It follows "may I please have your name, address, phone no, and personal access code."

Talking

If thats the case with your provider just. Keep on them or tell them . You plan on talking to the Better Business Burea. This might get a quicker response. GoodLuck!
    Have A Nice Day!!!!!!!!!