Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to open .img file?

how to open .img file?

hi
    recently i downloaded a file which is in .img file type (naruto.movie.2004.DVDr.img)

i would like to ask how do i open that file?
    i have searched all the solution but i still cant open the file. i tried using isoBuster but it change the file to .tao file type, which makes me more confused. some suggested i burned it to a dvd but i dont have a dvd burner. is there any solution to it without burning it to a dvd?
    thnks in advance

file size : 4.2Gb

I believe an img file is similar to an ISO file. It's an image of the original cd/dvd. You can either burn it to cd, or use a program like win iso to open or extract the files. If you burn it you want to "Burn from disk image file". If you just make a data cd and burn the file to the cd you will be no better off than you are now.

SG Enthusiast
    Since you don't have a DVD burner, your best option would be to use Alchohol 120% or Daemon Tools to mount the image on a virtual drive.

.img is a nero format.

Winrar will open them I believe.
    Respect it.

k i'll try to use winrar n c
    by the way i have tried use daemon n alcohol 120% but it comes out a msg say i cannot mount them on the drive
    how do i mount them on the drive properly?
    any quick guide?

Umm, I've been having the same problem, with the same file. Nothing seems to work. None of this has worked

Quote Originally Posted by the_white_knigh
    Umm, I've been having the same problem, with the same file. Nothing seems to work. None of this has worked
    rename it yourfile.iso, and the "your file" is whatever is the original name, and then see what happens
    4930K@4.3~32GBGskill~asusX79deluxe~r9-280x~240GB-SSD-OS drive~240GB-SSD-scratch~120GB-SSD-thrash~2TB storage~Windows 7 pro
    *~ SG stats ~my stats

Win ISO has a convert function, it would let you create an ISO file from the img file. Then you could mount the ISO file.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    rename it yourfile.iso, and the "your file" is whatever is the original name, and then see what happens

That file has too many extensions that could be causing you trouble.

right click on the img file and open it with winrar. Then extract the two folders in there which should be an audio and a video folder. Winrar will extract them and inside the folders will be located a bunch of vob files. I use dvdshrink(just look it up in google its a freeware prog) and dvd shrink will allow you to burn the files to dvd using nero automatically. Nero will allow you to take out different languages, extras, menus or keep what you want then it will encode it and will automatically burn it to dvdr using nero. Hope that helps.

daemon tools
    To be human is to choose.

It is better to die on your feet
    than to live on your knees.

- Emiliano Zapata

www.kit-tronics.com

Wait here is the easy way to do it. Download dvddecrypter(search google its a free program) once it is downloaded, right click on your img. file and choose burn with dvddecryptor, make sure you have a blank dvd in your dvdburner and your done in 20 or so minutes.......k

Quote Originally Posted by rivas
    daemon tools
    http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/port...tegory&catid=5

download and install this software... Once installed you can go to my computer and right click a new virtual drive and mount the image file as if it were a cd. You can then watch it most likely using a dvd app or nero showtime if you are up to date with nero.

If you intended on burning this for use in a dvd player (assuming its an vcd/svcd) You will have to burn it on a DVD-r obviously. Use Nero to burn it; open nero and select your dvd burner from the dropdown at the top and then click 'recorder' in the file menu and choose 'Burn Image'

Now I would definetally check the 'determine max speed' box and uncheck 'write' for the first run so you dont mess a disc up trying to burn it to fast... look at the log when you hit next and view the speed it finished at. Then go back and uncheck determine speed and check write using one speed lower than what it claimed max to be.

ииии

ииии

deamon tool is a great prog if you want to test out your iso or bin/cue files to make sure they work before you burn them to disk. But if you have nero, dl dvddecryptor right click on the img. file and highlight burn to dvd using dvddecryptor. It's just a lot easier then going through the whole nero process.

Quote Originally Posted by hackit
    right click on the img file and open it with winrar. Then extract the two folders in there which should be an audio and a video folder. Winrar will extract them and inside the folders will be located a bunch of vob files. I use dvdshrink(just look it up in google its a freeware prog) and dvd shrink will allow you to burn the files to dvd using nero automatically. Nero will allow you to take out different languages, extras, menus or keep what you want then it will encode it and will automatically burn it to dvdr using nero. Hope that helps.
    This worked for me. Although I applied this technique to another file.
    Thanks
    Good Day!

i have game on 3 bin files the 1 of them is over 700mb so i cant burn it on a 80min cd... i did try to make it to tao with isobuster 1.5 so that the file can bi the same but smaler. The problem is tha daemon tools can read it if a burn it to a cd...

yo can try to convert it to bin iso file.... with isobuster....

file-
    open image file-
    open the tao file-
    right klick one the file-
    extract raw data to bin iso file

good luck

i have game on 3 bin files the 1 of them is over 700mb so i cant burn it on a 80min cd... i did try to make it to tao with isobuster 1.5 so that the file can bi the same but smaler. The problem is tha daemon tools cant read it if a burn it to a cd...

you can try to convert it to bin iso file.... with isobuster....

file-
    open image file-
    open the tao file-
    right klick one the file-
    extract raw data to bin iso file

good luck

Question

Hi,

I've also d/led a .img file type (naruto.movie.2004.DVDr.img) and having problem burning out this image file out with nero..

When i tried to burn the image file with nero, it say:

The entered block size does not correspond to the imahe length.
    The block size may be wrong. Do you want to correct the value or ignore the problem?

when i clicked on the Correct, there is a box popped up and ask me to enter the following:

Type of image: Data Mode 1

Settings

Block size (bytes): 2048
    Image header size (bytes): what should i enter here?
    Image trailer size (bytes): What should i enter here?

any help will be apperciate!!

Thanks!!

SG Enthusiast
    I'd like to welcome all the new members posting in this thread to Speedguide.

The thread itself is getting pretty close to the edge, folks. We do not discuss anything haveing to do with warez/copyright abuse on these forums.

sometimes i really dislike...

how can i recover a corrupt img file i allready tried about everything winiso DVD Decrypter magiciso iso buster i also tried to change it in to *.iso didn't work can somebody please help me out thnx