I'm using shaw cable highspeed on windows me. Im thinking I need to change the RWIN and RcvWindow value, and advice for that and anything else?
TCP options string = 020405b401010402010303000101080a0faf483300000000
MTU = 1500
MTU is fully optimized for broadband.
MSS = 1460
Maximum useful data in each packet = 1448, which is less than MSS because of Timestamps, or other TCP/IP options used.
RWIN is a multiple of MSS
Other values for RWIN that might work well with your current MTU/MSS:
513920 (MSS x 44 * scale factor of 8)
256960 (MSS x 44 * scale factor of 4)
128480 (MSS x 44 * scale factor of 2)
64240 (MSS x 44)
bandwidth * delay product (Note this is not a speed test):
Your RcvWindow limits you to: 700.8 kbps (87.6 KBytes/s) @ 200ms
Your RcvWindow limits you to: 280.32 kbps (35.04 KBytes/s) @ 500ms
Consider increasing your RWIN value to optimize TCP/IP for broadband.
MTU Discovery (RFC1191) = ON
Time to live left = 59 hops
TTL value is ok.
Timestamps (RFC1323) =
Timestamps (RFC1323) = ON
Note: Timestamps add 12 bytes to the TCP header of each packet, reducing the space available for useful data.
Selective Acknowledgements (RFC2018) = ON
IP type of service field (RFC1349) = 00000000
1. Under your Configuration tab for your Network settings make sure you have only the needed protocols.
2. Open IE and select tools - internet options - connections - LAN settings, make sure NOTHING there is checked.
3. Make sure you have the latest drivers for your NIC from the manufacturer. Set your NIC duplex mode to 10mb half duplex for Cable, for DSL it is ISP dependent unless you are using a router, if so then set it to 100mb full duplex for both Cable & DSL (the instructions are in my Help & Tips link). If you are using a router make sure you have the latest firmware.
4. Clear your temporary internet files.
5. Power cycle your modem, unplug it for atleast 15 seconds.
6. Download and update then do a scan with SpyBot, anything checked in red is spyware and safe to remove.
7. Make sure you do the faster web page tweak in my Help & Tips link.