Thread: 1-way cable modem help using a 56k modem inside your pc instead of the 14.4 inside th

adidas223

Exclamation 1-way cable modem help using a 56k modem inside your pc instead of the 14.4 inside th

I was wondering if its possible to use a 56k modem thats inside my PC instead of the 14.4 thats inside my cable modem box to upload data??? if so could u please give me all the details on how to do this...this would help me out tremedously as u may already know!

PS.. by the way if ispark is still here i have the same ISP as him and i believe he has done it before but i cant get in touch with him

Hi Adidas223,

I'm still here.....

The 56k modem thing, it won't work.

The 14.4 dial-up modem inside the Hybrid modem, is your only choice, untill HTC makes the final switch to @Home. And then it will only be 33.6 upload, they will be using the GI/Motorola SurfBoard SB3100D Cable modem.

You should see vastly improved service when this process is complete, Cable modem customers will be using completly different equipment, even seperate headend equipment (not positive on this one), for access to the net which will improve our current situation.
    Right now, ALL HTC Internet customers, Dial-Up, Dedicated, Cable Modem, All Business type connections are going thru the same Gateway's and router's...

This switch over to @Home should be starting for customers in about 3 to 4 weeks, the headend work has been completed, they are in the process of finallizing all the little details before moving customers to @Home.

btw, it will be HTC@Home

------------------
    iSpark - Fired up! and ready to GO!

adidas223

Angry

so what the hell is the point in them switching to @home when its still going to be one directional cable??!?!?! i dont get the logic...why not 2 WAY???? jackasses i tell ya

adidas223

also what is your email and ICQ # cuz i am having problems again with my LAN... when i turn on sharing in ICS the cable modem doesnt wanna work...it was working fine before i dont know what the problem is now...

my icq is 3807355
    and email is walker1@sccoast.net

I can understand the frustration!

One thing that will help us, is the fact that we will be the only ones on a DC3 (45MBit)connection, plus new equipment at the headend
    They also say the system will eventualy be 2 way.....just don't know when... , and Lord knows I can't wait for that one...

I'm using Sygate for Internet sharing.

My settings for the lan include, the IP of the Internet connected machine (the Lan IP not the Internet IP)to be added in the DNS server search order and in the Installed Gateway field of the client machines.

My ICQ is 9301066

------------------
    iSpark - Fired up! and ready to GO!

DirkDaring

Exclamation

WinGate also works for 1-way cable modems. Works for my internal SB1000. Winroute is also 'supposed' to work, but I have yet to get it working for my setup.

Dirk