Thread: Can I extract pictures from a slideshow

Can I extract pictures from a slideshow

My friend took some pictures of my wedding and thought we would enjoy them in a slideshow. The slideshow is great, but we would like some individual pictures from it and he has since deleted the individual shots.

The slideshow was created with ACD fotoAngelo and it is a standalone slideshow with a .exe extension. I have fotoangelo, but it won't open the slide show because it is an exe file.

Anybody have any ideas?
    TOO MUCH GIDDYYUP,,, NOT ENOUGH WHOA!!!

Trav

use print screen and save it as a picture ?
    4930K@4.3~32GBGskill~asusX79deluxe~r9-280x~240GB-SSD-OS drive~240GB-SSD-scratch~120GB-SSD-thrash~2TB storage~Windows 7 pro
    *~ SG stats ~my stats

I've tried doing a screen capture with Jasc Paint Shop Pro, but it doesn't really work to well. The transitions are too fast. Print screen would capture the whole screen,, if it works,, and that could be cropped I guess. I was hoping there was some way,, program or something, that would allow me to open the slide show and grab the pics.
    TOO MUCH GIDDYYUP,,, NOT ENOUGH WHOA!!!

Trav

Have you found a way to extract individual photos from a FotoAngelo slideshow?

have you tried right click and see if it gives any save pic as options?

How long ago did your friend delete the photo's off his memory card/Camera? I would suggest doing a data recovery on the memory card/ camera to try and get the original shots back...

I cut and pasted photos to my computer, and it screwed up, only pasted 2 photos and i lost the rest, so i did a data recovery, and got them all back...

just an idea im you might have tried it already but sometimes simple things are overlooked. if its on a cd did you try to see if the individual files are on the disc? maybe the exe's even extractable with win rar?

Niiiiiiiiiiice bump.

Quote Originally Posted by CableDude View Post
    Niiiiiiiiiiice bump.
    damn, im so bad at looking at thread start dates

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty
    have you tried right click and see if it gives any save pic as options?
    No such options.
    Quote Originally Posted by morbidpete
    just an idea im you might have tried it already but sometimes simple things are overlooked. if its on a cd did you try to see if the individual files are on the disc?
    No individual files.
    Quote Originally Posted by morbidpete
    maybe the exe's even extractable with win rar?
    No rar extraction possible ("not supported" error). Viva PrintScreen...

PM a link to the file and I will extract all of the pics for you.

Or you can do it yourself using this:

Multiextractor

MultiExtractor is an application that allows you to extract/recover multimedia files. MultiExtractor is different from other extractors because:

It extracts image/audio/video files (BMP, JPG, GIF, PNG, PCX, TGA, ICO, CUR, TIFF, EMF, WMF, XM, MOD, WAV, OGG, MP3, MID, S3M, AVI, MPG, DAT, ASF, MOV, SWF, BIK, SMK)
    It has a conversion support (PNG [ New ], BMP, JPG, ICO, Vista icons)
    It can extract files stored in Microsoft® Office files, Portable Document Format, Databases, raw or binary files (like *.doc, *.docx, *.ppt, *.pptx, *.xls, *.xlsx, *.pdf, *.db, *.raw, *.bin, *.hex...)
    It can also extract multimedia (stored as resources or binaries ) from PE files (*.exe, *.scr, *.dll, *.ocx, *.ax...)
    It can unpack archives (ZIP, RAR, CAB+InstallShield Cabinets, JAR, CHM) and extract data from them
    It has a dynamic explorer (all data is mapped)
    It has a very strong filtering options (like icon properties, image properties, size of files)
    It can extract encrypted/packed resources of executable file
    It uses drag&drop interface and clipboard.

Please send any bug report, suggestion, question and comment to the author at following address: support@multiextractor.com.

Copyright © 2005-2007 Maciej Drobinski
    http://www.multiextractor.com

...formerly the omnipotent UOD

i have a slide show with music thru it i want the photos so i am able to print them off, the file type tells me it is a application i have no idea how to extract the individual photos any ideas?