Im using a "AETHRA"modem ISDN 128kbps connection, and windows 98
please, help me tweak this The results of the TCP/IP Analyzer are:
MTU = 576
MTU value seems to be optimized for dial-up. Consider increasing your MTU to 1500 for better throughput.
MSS = 536
MSS is not fully optimized for broadband (although it might work well for slower connections). Consider increasing your MTU value.
Note: Under Windows 9x, if you have RWIN set to any other value, and the Analyzer reports 65535 you might need to install the MS Vtcp386 fix.
For optimum performance, consider changing RWIN to a multiple of MSS.
Other values for RWIN that might work well with your current MTU/MSS:
523136 (MSS x 122 * scale factor of 8)
261568 (MSS x 122 * scale factor of 4)
130784 (MSS x 122 * scale factor of 2)
65392 (MSS x 122)
bandwidth * delay product:
Your RcvWindow limits you to: 2621.4 kbps (327.675 KBytes/s) @ 200ms
Your RcvWindow limits you to: 1048.56 kbps (131.07 KBytes/s) @ 500ms
MTU Discovery (RFC1191) = OFF
Time to live left = 117 hops
TTL value is ok.
Timestamps (RFC1323) = OFF
Selective Acknowledgements (RFC2018) = ON
IP type of service field (RFC1349) = 00000000
select - 56K
check - custom settings
network adapter selection - your NIC
check modify all adapters
maxmtu - 1500
TTL - 128
TCP Receive Window - 8760
MTU Discovery - yes
Black Hole Detect - no
Selective Acks - yes
Max Dup ACKs - 3
TCP 1323 Options - uncheck both boxes
Other Settings tab:
Max Connections per Server - 4
Max Connections per 1.0 Server - 8
Lan Browsing Speedup - optimized
Then select "Apply Changes" and reboot to take effect.
VERY IMPORTANT TO DO THE FOLLOWING
1. Under your Configuration tab for your Network settings make sure you have only the needed protocols.
2. Install the vtcp 386 patch and the NDIS Update from here.
3. Open IE and select tools - internet options - connections - LAN settings, make sure NOTHING there is checked.
4. Make sure you have the latest drivers for your NIC from the manufacturer. Set your NIC duplex mode to 10mb half duplex for Cable, for DSL it is ISP dependent unless you are using a router, if so then set it to 100mb full duplex for both Cable & DSL (the instructions are in my Help & Tips link). If you are using a router make sure you have the latest firmware.
5. Clear your temporary internet files.
6. Power cycle your modem, unplug it for atleast 15 seconds.
7. Download and update then do a scan with SpyBot 1.2 & Ad Aware 6.0 to remove any spyware then install and update SpywareBlaster 2.5.3 to stay spyware FREE. YOU MUST USE BOTH AD AWARE & SPYBOT TO ENSURE YOU ARE SPYWARE FREE SINCE ONE FINDS WHAT THE OTHER MISSES.