PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Put Your Last Name on Top Right Hand Corner on MS Word Docs?

Blitz
10-06-02, 05:45 PM
I'm writing an essay
and I need to put my last name on the top right hand corner of each page on my MS Word Doc.

Help needed, thx.

monkeyhead
10-06-02, 05:49 PM
as in on all the pages??? like lastname and page number??

you need to put in a header..... if its just one page....

type your last name and align it right

Noevo
10-06-02, 05:51 PM
Go to the view menu and choose "header and footer" from there you can set the header up, and position it.

Blitz
10-06-02, 06:44 PM
Thx guys

ok, my essay is only two pages, and someone told me it is only proper to label hte page numbers after the first page

so whenever I type my last name and page 2, it also shows up on the 1st page, which i dont want........how do I eliminate that...

i tried doing it manually, but if I eliminate my name from page 1, it deletes it from page 2 as well.......

Noevo
10-06-02, 06:46 PM
I think in File>Page Setup there is an option for different header after the first page.

seriously, look up header in help. There is quite a bit there about it, not trying to be a smart ass :)

IranianHobo
10-06-02, 09:41 PM
You should be putting in place numbers seperatly, Insert > Page Numbers. You can choose to not number the first page on that option.

Blitz
10-06-02, 10:31 PM
k
help!

I'm doing it seperately

my essay is like 4 pages

but my problem is, when I manually enter "2", all the pages enter "2"

obviously, I need it to go "2,3,4"

not "2,2,2"

argh!!!!! plz help.......sooN! my essay is due tommorow morning!

Immortal
10-06-02, 10:47 PM
what? so u wanted to add page numbers?

Immortal
10-06-02, 10:53 PM
Since you do not respond quickly even tho you need it tommrow... I'll answer with the assumtion of page numbers..

Insert > page numbers > (uncheck show page number on first page) Choose where you want it

done.

Blitz
10-06-02, 10:55 PM
sorry, working on my essay

i do that
but when i type in "1" in the first box, all the boxes enter in "1" as well.....so all four of my pages say "Last Name 1"......!!

NexariaN
10-06-02, 10:57 PM
tab eight times.....lol :rolleyes:

annyjay
10-08-02, 05:46 PM
This is how you set up the header and footer you are describing.

1)View/Header and Footer

HEADER
To set up your name in the right hand corner
- Press Align Right Button in Toolbar (it looks like a stack of papers leaning to the right)

- Type in your name

Don't know if you want the page numbering on the top or bottom ( usually put it on the bottom)

FOOTER
- Insert page number (page with big # on it) and centre it.

- then press page setup (the open book) / Layout Tab - click different first page & OK

You will not get your name or the page number on the first page, they will both start on the second page. You may have to manually enter your name on the first page.

Note: If you want everything on the same line (centered page number and name right alligned), you will need to set up a table in the header or footer.:)