PDA

View Full Version : Is It Me, Or Do All Gay Men have a "High Voice"...?

Blitz
05-27-01, 12:06 AM
You know what I mean?

So far, all the gay men I have come across, they talk in a high pitched voice, and a little "different"

I'm just curious....or maybe I'm hearing things? :)

Like the show "Will And Grace", that gay guy has a "high pitched voice"

Is it because gay men are feminem? Are Gay men feminem?

(P.S - I know you guys must be thinking why all of a sudden I'm asking all these questions about gay people, but its because I feel SG is a very mature place, and since I am a 15 year old, most of my friends cannot talk seriously about these kind of issues, and I don't really feel like talking to my parents about homosexuals).

TonyT
05-27-01, 12:13 AM
squeeze any man's nuts and his voice gets an octave higher!

brembo
05-27-01, 12:23 AM
Dunno Blitz, could be a lack of testosterone. My guess it is a mental thing. The most complex bit of us, the brain, makes lotsa decisions for you subconciously, and maybe having a "high" voice is interpredted by the noggin as being desirable for h0mosexuals. I have never reallt thought about it too much, but any group has their own set of nuiances.

Don't flame me for this, it is for comparitive purposes only:

Itailians: Yo!, fondess of pasta.
Japanese: Photo-happy, facination with other cultures
Germans: Logic driven, superiority complex
Men: Self serving, kinda dense when it comes to emotion
Women: Loving, propensity for duplicity

See? Group dynamics create a group personality. Not all members display "their" distinction, but on average it a good bet. I don't think of myself as racist or sexist, but Iknow better than to say I'm not. Maybe if I grew up in a vacuum of race/sex I could be totally neutral.

The way I deal with racism/sexism is to try to step back a little and understand where other folks are comming from. React slowly and keep in mind that the other persons viewpoint is just as valid as mine. I don't have to subscribe to it, but I must take it into consideration. Analytical if you will.
Take care.

mouse
05-27-01, 12:23 AM
No not all gay men have a high pitched voice. When I was first married, the first apt that we had was across the street from an older gay man. He use to throw the best party's, me and my husband use to go over there every weekend. I was slowly introduced to the gay community and my eyes were opened to a whole new world. You would be suprised to find out some people are gay, they do not act as most people think gay's are, high voice, dressing funny, acting very Feminine. These are bias opinions that we get from TV and the Movies. These are people who are like us in everyway, Voice, Dress, and yes Mannerisims. The olny thing different about them is there choice of Sexual partners. I hope that I have answered your question.

mouse
05-27-01, 12:39 AM
*Double posted* Sorry

Brent
05-27-01, 12:52 AM
Blitz there somethin you wanna tell us? hahaha

It's true, Gay men having that Feminine voice is Stereotypicle, some do talk like that, some dont...

a lot of the things we put on people and cultures are stereotypes we get from Movies and the Media, the media and such is EVIL that and the movies and other stuff and tv shows give everybody a bad rap about other people and cultures.....

incrediblecain
05-27-01, 01:03 AM
I used to have a guy named Barry who worked for me, the guy acted macho,had a deep voice, just thought he didn't like white girls when I pointed out an incredible specimen... I guessed right, he didn't like black,yellow or brown ones either...... Guess you really never know. :D

fastspaz
05-27-01, 01:04 AM
this world is filled with too many sexy woman (for the men) to be gay. it has to be impossible to be gay at my college, there is so many beautiful women every time i turn my head.

Cornbread
05-27-01, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Brent
Blitz there somethin you wanna tell us? hahaha

i was wondering the same thing, lol.

Jim
05-27-01, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by brembo

Itailians: Yo!, fondess of pasta.

Haha, as stereotypical as is, that IS half my family. I just caught up with a few of them while I was down in NY, and seriously, it was a bunch of slightly overweight men in either jumpsuits or just suits, sitting around a bakery/pastry shop talking "stuff". And the five of them are seriously: Vinnie, Sal, Tony, Paulie, and Frankie.

Sometimes I worry that I seriously have a family full of "Goodfellas" or "Sopranos". :p

Jeez, talk about a "family" reunion. :D ;)

Humboldt
05-27-01, 01:59 AM
That's like saying all black men have huge dicks. Maybe some do, but enough to say all of 'em?

incrediblecain
05-27-01, 02:07 AM
for some odd reason I read a study on just that subject, I believe that myth refers to flaccid length but even with that there is essentially a fraction of inch difference but hey think about "shrinkage " from an evolutionary stand point.

Humboldt
05-27-01, 02:10 AM
Good thing this is in the general forum. I don't see how it could relate to software or security...maybe hardware though:D

ColdFusion
05-27-01, 02:51 AM
Lol,
Im 14, The Youngest here... hehe. I would never ask my parents about this stuff. I dunno, guess not ready for it. I will ask about sex and stuff, but when it comes to this "gay" stuff.... Uhuh.

YARDofSTUF
05-27-01, 03:01 AM
Whats up with the daily gay question thing dude?

jeremyboycool
05-27-01, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by Blitz
You know what I mean?

So far, all the gay men I have come across, they talk in a high pitched voice, and a little "different"

I'm just curious....or maybe I'm hearing things? :)

Like the show "Will And Grace", that gay guy has a "high pitched voice"

Is it because gay men are feminem? Are Gay men feminem?

(P.S - I know you guys must be thinking why all of a sudden I'm asking all these questions about gay people, but its because I feel SG is a very mature place, and since I am a 15 year old, most of my friends cannot talk seriously about these kind of issues, and I don't really feel like talking to my parents about homosexuals).

Jsut a question have you ever know a gay dude befor?
This friend that I knew for 5 years. No way in hell could u ever tell he was. He was as stright as they come. Or atlest i though so. It shocked every body when they found out. It was perty hard to belive. Actally he does complines about fems. From what he says most gays dont want a flamer or a fem. they want a stright acting guy.

mikemean
05-27-01, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by jeremyboycool

Jsut a question have you ever know a gay dude befor?
This friend that I knew for 5 years. No way in hell could u ever tell he was. He was as stright as they come. Or atlest i though so. It shocked every body when they found out. It was perty hard to belive. Actally he does complines about fems. From what he says most gays dont want a flamer or a fem. they want a stright acting guy.

You are right on that one Jereny. That is what I want, a straight acting guy and not a femme one.

striderf1
05-27-01, 11:44 AM
all I did was read the first post, so here's my answer w/o reading everyone else's responce: no, not all men that are gay have high pitched voices. I know gay guys with high pictched voiced but I also know a guy who is definetly gay and he has a normall voice, but I don't think in general you can make assumptions like that.

just my worthless 2.5 cents

striderf1
05-27-01, 11:49 AM
seems like everyone agree's with me that its just a dumb hollywood stereotype, or at leaste Mouse, Brent and a few other do.

Prey521
05-27-01, 11:52 AM
Are all male hairdressers gay? LOL, sorry, just had to say that, I tend to think they are though, HAHAHAHA;):D JK

ColdFusion
05-27-01, 12:27 PM
haha,
Prey... i just went yesterday 2 get my haircut. There was this 1 hairdresser. He was a guy, and he totally acted fem. There are some other guys there and i think they are. But this 1 guy, my god, he looked like a guy, but talked like a girl. Preety funny, im glad he was not cutting my hair.

jeremyboycool
05-27-01, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Prey521
Are all male hairdressers gay? LOL, sorry, just had to say that, I tend to think they are though, HAHAHAHA;):D JK

Hehehe u should see the dude that cuts my hair. He looks like a biker. With long hair a gote. tat beer belly and stuff. Hhehe I like to see some ask him if all hairdressers are gay.....:D

AAF Striker
05-27-01, 12:36 PM
Have you guys seen that designer guy or whatever that is on the Discovery channel or something. It is on sometime in the afternoon. I saw it once when I was flipping by that channel... If you have seen this, you know what I am talking about. He has to be gay, no doubt about it.

crazyman
05-27-01, 01:19 PM
does it really matter?????