PDA

View Full Version : I have lost feeling in my left hand pinky finger

brembo
10-03-05, 12:00 PM
Woke up Friday morning to a purple-ish band around the finger and that tingly feeling like the circulation had been cut off for awhile. Now it's Monday and the finger might as well not be attached to my hand in terms of feeling, works dandy but I could stick it in a deep fryer and continue smiling.

Tiny bit swollen, not cold. not hot. Other than a disconcerting lack of feeling it is right as rain.

Blood clot?
Spider bite?
Shocker gone horribly wrong?

I guess I'll head towards a doctor soon, I've been poking around on the 'net for awhile and can't seem to find much about sudden finger sensation loss. FSL has a nice ring to it.

Kip Patterson
10-03-05, 12:02 PM
Soon, hell! Right now!! As in, drive to a nearby emergency room.

There are several possibilities, most revolve around loss of circulation - gangrene a real possibility!!

Spammy
I had the same situation except for the purpleish ring, and it was my shin that went numb for like a week went to the doctors and I had a pinched nerve in my back.

Not sure if it is th same situation but it is all i got . :D

Debbie
Woke up Friday morning to a purple-ish band around the finger and that tingly feeling like the circulation had been cut off for awhile. Now it's Monday and the finger might as well not be attached to my hand in terms of feeling, works dandy but I could stick it in a deep fryer and continue smiling.

Tiny bit swollen, not cold. not hot. Other than a disconcerting lack of feeling it is right as rain.

Blood clot?
Spider bite?
Shocker gone horribly wrong?

I guess I'll head towards a doctor soon, I've been poking around on the 'net for awhile and can't seem to find much about sudden finger sensation loss. FSL has a nice ring to it.
You never banged your finger at all?

Debbie
10-03-05, 12:03 PM

There are several possibilities, most revolve around loss of circulation - gangrene a real possibility!!
I agree, don't wait

Ghosthunter
no clue but i would not wait too long to see that doc

YeOldeStonecat
By a joint of the finger?

Weren't doing anything like wrapping the plastic 6-pack holders all up in one ring and ripping it apart behind your head, were you?

I can't see a bite such as from a spider producing a band around your finger, usually more of a localized circle.blotch pattern.

Soak in warm water?

Stop sitting on it trying to use yer finger like a Ben Wa ball? :D

brembo
10-03-05, 12:07 PM

Yeah, I've broken this finger several times(both pinky fingers in fact).

Kip. Circulation is fine, it's warm(as the other finger) nice color under the nail etc....just no feeling.

Spammy might be on track, I could see nerve damage being something. Like I said I used to break my pinky fingers about every summer riding motorcycles offroad.

MissTynker2
10-03-05, 12:22 PM

I agree!! At least get go to a Dr. please! My left little finger and half of the ring finger has been totally dead since I broke my left hand...then caused further damage when I broke the little finger on the same hand :( causing some nerve damage :(...sounds like you may have some of the same?? Get it checked!!! Lefty also has has some recent problems with a nerve pinch or problem..tis not something to play with...they can be cured and or fixed...but necessary precautions and or exercises are needed.. Good luck! ;)

fastchevy
10-03-05, 12:26 PM
You could do some cool tricks with it for the kiddos!!
:D
All kidding aside...have it checked out ;)

Starmax
10-03-05, 01:33 PM

There are several possibilities, most revolve around loss of circulation - gangrene a real possibility!!hey dont say that bro,,,ive been getting that feeling as well.........

downhill
10-03-05, 01:39 PM
Yeah, I've broken this finger several times(both pinky fingers in fact).

Spammy might be on track, I could see nerve damage being something. Like I said I used to break my pinky fingers about every summer riding motorcycles offroad.

You hurt your neck lately? Pinched nerves can cause this as Sammy aready pointed out.

JawZ
10-03-05, 08:03 PM
You must have been bitten by a box elder bug and not realized it. check other areas of your body for the wound because the next thing that will go numb is your left testicle.

ace
10-03-05, 08:07 PM
One time I had some hand cuffs on for about 45 minutes and they were way to tight. I had lost feeling in my thumb for about 2 weeks. Talk about being scared. :eek:

downhill
10-03-05, 08:12 PM
You must have been bitten by a box elder bug and not realized it. check other areas of your body for the wound because the next thing that will go numb is your left testicle.

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Chris
10-03-05, 09:29 PM
[Top Gun]You've lost, That looooovin feeling[/Top Gun]

thepieman
10-03-05, 09:31 PM
so what happened? any news??

Pie

Zilog B
10-03-05, 09:33 PM
gave one too many shockers :eek:

brembo
10-04-05, 07:36 AM
so what happened? any news??

Pie

Still the same. Odd eh?

thepieman
10-04-05, 07:39 AM
Still the same. Odd eh?
You didn't go get it checked?

Pie

YARDofSTUF
10-04-05, 07:42 AM
You didn't go get it checked?

Pie

Of course he didnt.

thepieman
10-04-05, 07:48 AM
U didnt have any cheap fake gold ring on or anything right? Hopefully no foul smell man. That wouldn't be a good sign.

Izzo
10-04-05, 08:07 AM
chop it off ..unless its yer pickin' finger

Debbie
10-04-05, 08:11 AM
Pic of said finger please. :p

YeOldeStonecat
10-04-05, 08:20 AM
Pic of said finger please. :p

Oh boy...if THAT isn't a setup for a good reply! :D

Debbie
10-04-05, 08:23 AM
http://members.speedguide.net/tigress73/duh.gif

Izzo
10-04-05, 08:26 AM

*WARNING*

Do not do a Google image search for 'finger' :eek:

Debbie
10-04-05, 08:29 AM
*WARNING*

Not work safe? :rotfl:

Izzo
10-04-05, 08:34 AM

Nah, work safe just ....just ... hmm ....i'm not sure how to describe a guy sticking his finger through his nose and out through his eye :confused:

YARDofSTUF
10-04-05, 08:34 AM

By a long shot! lol

How the **** does britney spears come up before an actualy disgusting broken finger?

Humboldt
10-04-05, 09:14 AM
Tell the truth Brembo, does this involve Ken's butt somehow?

Spammy
10-04-05, 11:00 AM
Tell the truth Brembo, does this involve Ken's butt somehow?

That is fricking terrible LOL

Funny as hell hough hehehehe :thumb:

thepieman
10-04-05, 11:57 AM
*WARNING*

Gollem was there!I saw his ring.

brembo
10-04-05, 12:18 PM
Feeling is slowly returning and it hurts like hell. I did alot of machette work this morning and that seemed to wake it up some. Yay for constant throbbing pain.

I'm almost 32 years old and falling apart. When any useful organs or other bio related bits fall off, I'm gonna put em on Ebay.