PDA

View Full Version : how to reset a sonicwall...

Blisster
12-15-04, 06:13 PM
SOHO3 or TELE3 to it's default 'out of box' state? I've tried holding in the reset buttonm on the back from anywhere between 10 and 60 seconds, both with the power on and off with no luck. Anyone know?

cyberskye
12-15-04, 11:39 PM
DO you have an account ojn their website? I used to but have since lost my info.

As I recall you need to unplug, hold down the reset button, plug the power back in and keep the reset button depressed for a few seconds after it comes back up - one of the inidicator lights will start flashing and you are reset.

Make sure you have firmware incase that erases it completely.

Skye

Blisster
12-16-04, 02:20 AM
yeah, we jsut have a few around the office for testign purposes so we dont have the support contract. yeah, youhold inthe reset button for 15 seconds, then unplug it, the plug it back in while maintaining the hold on the reset button for another 15 seconds and it is reset to the out of box state.

I'm off to NZ, we'll have to get that pint for sure soon.

YeOldeStonecat
12-16-04, 12:06 PM
Looks like you found it. DHCP will be off BTW (at least on the models I've worked on), you'll have to set a workstation address to something like 192.168.168.200 so you can access the Sonic at the default LAN IP of 192.168.168.168

cyberskye
12-16-04, 10:07 PM
yeah, we jsut have a few around the office for testign purposes so we dont have the support contract. yeah, youhold inthe reset button for 15 seconds, then unplug it, the plug it back in while maintaining the hold on the reset button for another 15 seconds and it is reset to the out of box state.

I'm off to NZ, we'll have to get that pint for sure soon.
That's a bet. I used to work with a lot of our customers in australasia - here's some local lingo for you.

English: "Hey man - thanks a lot! You really helped me out!"

Kiwi Translation: " That's a fair suck off the sauce bottle "

You'll find all the slang revolves around bar-b-q's - you gotta love that.

Safe trip,
Skye