PDA

View Full Version : Directx9.0c released

Ghosthunter
07-26-04, 02:27 PM
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=9226a611-62fe-4f61-aba1-914185249413

So who wants to be the first one to try it?

Cypher
07-26-04, 02:29 PM
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=9226a611-62fe-4f61-aba1-914185249413

So who wants to be the first one to try it?
LOL
I was just coming over here to tell you that. I read it on DH. :D
I'll be the guenia pig. I just have to back up a few tings just in case.

Set
07-26-04, 02:56 PM
Your a Brave Man cypher ;)

Joel
07-26-04, 03:02 PM
I'm downloading it right now.

I enjoy having problems on the computer. :p

Cypher
07-26-04, 03:17 PM
Your a Brave Man cypher ;)
I'm due for a clean install anyway. :)
Initial impression is a :thumb: So far I'm not seeing any conflicts at all. I'm not one to benchmark so synthetic comparisons are out. You should see the IQ and FPS boost I'm getting on Dig-Dug and Bubble Bobble now.:eek: This is unbelievable....;) j/k
Looks safe to me. I'll need to do some gaming on it for a while to tell for certain.

Roody
07-26-04, 03:19 PM
Good luck. May the force be with you. :D

Joel
07-26-04, 03:25 PM
Works fine for me.

Nothing bad, but it's hard to tell if something good happened. What I can say is there definetly wasn't a decrease in performance, if anything there was an increase.

Looks safe to me. I'll need to do some gaming on it for a while to tell for certain.

Cypher
07-26-04, 03:39 PM
Wait I spoke too soon. My monitor just exploded like that movie with the hackers and I'm covered in shards of glass.:( Someone please make the pain stop!!!!
LOL.:D
This is much better than the SP2 RC I tried a few months ago. Get it now or latter but this seems to be the final. Well until it gets patched for "a vulnerability that may allow an attacker to remotely control your computer". But that's just a given with Windows.;)

Joel
07-26-04, 04:24 PM
Wait I spoke too soon. My monitor just exploded like that movie with the hackers and I'm covered in shards of glass.:( Someone please make the pain stop!!!!
LOL.:D
This is much better than the SP2 RC I tried a few months ago. Get it now or latter but this seems to be the final. Well until it gets patched for "a vulnerability that may allow an attacker to remotely control your computer". But that's just a given with Windows.;)
I hate SP2 with everything in me.

Such a useless peice of development. All it did was add an annoying, crappy firewall and some more annoying reminders.

m4a2t0t
07-26-04, 09:31 PM
I hate SP2 with everything in me.

Such a useless peice of development. All it did was add an annoying, crappy firewall and some more annoying reminders.

:rolleyes:

J-high
07-26-04, 09:38 PM
:rolleyes:

LMAO :D

Brk
07-26-04, 09:46 PM
It's a final, so there's no guinea pig tested involved.

Cypher
07-26-04, 11:28 PM
It's a final, so there's no guinea pig tested involved.
Oh there were plenty my friend, there is. Redmond is filled with millions of them all locked in their little cages. ;)

Subsane
07-26-04, 11:52 PM
Once you install it I don't think you can uninstall it unless you do a system restore so I'm gunna wait just in case. BTW...I expected to see that pop up on windows update but didn't......curious as to why.

m4a2t0t
07-27-04, 01:43 AM
Oh there were plenty my friend, there is. Redmond is filled with millions of them all locked in their little cages. ;)
LOL :irate: :D

YeOldeStonecat
07-27-04, 04:54 AM
BTW...I expected to see that pop up on windows update but didn't......curious as to why.

Direct X usually isn't rushed into Windows Update, it's not a critical security issue.

I've never has a single issue installing the latest Direct X...going all the way back to the early versions. I think it's machines that are already half on the flakey side with drivers, odd hardware/chipsets, and other general health issues that have problems when upgrading DX.

YARDofSTUF
07-27-04, 11:21 AM
I'll wait till its in the windows update list.

Brk
07-27-04, 11:23 AM
I'll wait till its in the windows update list.

ugh

Just DON'T install it FROM Windows Update. Download it separately to install.

YARDofSTUF
07-27-04, 11:26 AM
ugh

Just DON'T install it FROM Windows Update. Download it separately to install.

Why, its the same damn thing.

zooner
07-27-04, 01:30 PM
Why, its the same damn thing.

because if you do, burke will spank your hairy bottom.

Brk
07-27-04, 02:08 PM
BECAUSE installing drivers and DirectX via Windows Update can seriously hose your damned system. Just download it separately

Cypher
07-27-04, 02:14 PM
BECAUSE installing drivers and DirectX via Windows Update can seriously hose your damned system. Just download it separately
Burke is getting :irate: :irate:

TrevGlas
07-27-04, 03:09 PM
What is the difference between the re-distrib and the end-user versions?

Also, did they post any improvements?

Ghosthunter
07-27-04, 03:12 PM

they will have big improvements for the Nvidia NV40 cards with usaing shader models once nvidia comes out drivers to support it

I am not sure about anything else

TrevGlas
07-27-04, 03:34 PM
Got it installed.. no problems. But I don't notice anything yet

Sava700
07-27-04, 07:36 PM
I'd like to know what differences this update will make with what I have now.. I just haven't seen directx9.0c being advertised as much as the b release was such as those that are saying its not on the update page yet etc..

YARDofSTUF
07-27-04, 07:46 PM

I agree with the drivers thing but not DirectX.

Mark
07-27-04, 08:05 PM

not sure, but i have a version of direct x 9b that i needed for some program, and that ati tool for overclocking video cards will not work with whichever version i have.

Cypher
07-27-04, 08:54 PM
not sure, but i have a version of direct x 9b that i needed for some program, and that ati tool for overclocking video cards will not work with whichever version i have.
Did you try Radlinker?

Mark
07-27-04, 09:14 PM
Did you try Radlinker?
what does radlinker do ?

maybe i should read the stickey :)

i think i had the debug version, i installed the public 9B version and no it works.

willl probably try the C version anyways, it has been over a year since my last format so maybe i will do that before doom 3 and HL2 comeout.

either way i need to make some room on my game partition or maybe install them on a seperate drive, not sure which way i will go.

J-high
07-28-04, 08:08 PM
here is a link to the End-User Runtime instead of the redistibutable one...

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0a9b6820-bfbb-4799-9908-d418cdeac197&DisplayLang=en

just figured some people wouldnt want the redis. version...

YeOldeStonecat
07-28-04, 08:42 PM

There's quite literally a comma in the count for the number of times I've downloaded DX and various drivers via windows update. The only ones I hold off on are NIC drivers, since your connection bunks for a second while it loads, and can stall the rest of your download. Otherwise...never....ever...a problem.

Sava700
07-31-04, 10:26 AM
I've gotten many things from windowsupdate.. right now there is one that won't go away and I won't download LOL and its the Oct 6th 2003 driver update for Nvidia... I mean I've gotten the July26th2004 update on the damn computer and the sucker keeps on wanting me to get that one...but otherwise I've never had probs with windowsupdates

Brk
07-31-04, 10:50 AM
I've gotten many things from windowsupdate.. right now there is one that won't go away and I won't download LOL and its the Oct 6th 2003 driver update for Nvidia... I mean I've gotten the July26th2004 update on the damn computer and the sucker keeps on wanting me to get that one...but otherwise I've never had probs with windowsupdates

DO NOT INSTALL ANY DRIVER EVER FROM WINDOWS UPDATE

Joel
08-01-04, 02:02 PM
DO NOT INSTALL ANY DRIVER EVER FROM WINDOWS UPDATE
Speak it, sister.

..brother.