PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield Vietnam.....Help!

Richard(UK)
05-02-04, 02:17 PM
ok heres the problem

Im trying to uninstall BFV due to problems running the game, ive uninstalled it, BUT when i come to re-install it with the box that pops up, the option to "Install" the game is not highlighted, so i cannot select this option, i think its detecting that the game is already installed when its not! ive done a system search for EVERYTHING named Battlefield and deleted them, but still no luck with the install?

anyone help please???

i want ti install a fresh copy but it wont let me! :mad:

porkchop
05-02-04, 03:29 PM
if you browse inside the CD isn't there a setup.ext or something similar to set up BFV? all the auto start thing does is open another setup file inside the CD...

if thath doesn't wrok try cleaning out the registry settings left when BFV was installed

Crazycanuck
05-02-04, 04:26 PM
Did you delete the game folder?

Richard(UK)
05-03-04, 10:25 AM
Everything on my pc with the name "Battlefield" in it has been deleted, i have tried browsing the cd and installing it that way but with no luck.

if i put in cd1 as if i was going to install the game, i get the install box but "install" is faded out its as if its detecting that the game is already installed. if i click uninstall then it goes thriugh the uninstall fine, but when i reboot everything is the same...cannot install!!!

I would attatch a screenshot but i dont know how to do this on speedguide

as for cleaning the registry , how do i do that?

Hypnotik
05-03-04, 12:44 PM
BFV hasnt been properly uninstalled through add/remove programs in control panel leaving some entries in the registry. just go to this link (http://www.worldstart.com/weekly-download/archives/reg-cleaner4.3.htm) and download the registry cleaner. Search for Battlefield vietnam and remove all those entries and you will be able to reinstall the game

Richard(UK)
05-03-04, 02:19 PM
BFV hasnt been properly uninstalled through add/remove programs in control panel leaving some entries in the registry. just go to this link (http://www.worldstart.com/weekly-download/archives/reg-cleaner4.3.htm) and download the registry cleaner. Search for Battlefield vietnam and remove all those entries and you will be able to reinstall the game

update....well ive cleaned up the registry, and the game has now installed.....Tnx :thumb:

only 1 problem though, punkbuster wont install? anyone got a link so i can d/l it?

Hypnotik
05-03-04, 03:48 PM
You can try installing punkbuster manually from one of the BFV cds, dont remember which one but the folder shouldnt be hard to find. Once you install punkbuster and you get kicked from games because it fails to autoupdate itself then folow this link (http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=dl-bfv.php) and update it manually using the pbweb.exe file.

good luck

JawZ
05-03-04, 05:32 PM
You can try installing punkbuster manually from one of the BFV cds, dont remember which one but the folder shouldnt be hard to find. Once you install punkbuster and you get kicked from games because it fails to autoupdate itself then folow this link (http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=dl-bfv.php) and update it manually using the pbweb.exe file.

good luck

Please please please make sure that you put PBWeb into the PB folder WITHIN Battlefield Vietnam. It has to be in there to work. :D

Good call Hypnotik. ;)

the_one9000
05-30-04, 08:09 AM
well, i can help you, but you have to make a big sacrefice, that is, put a blank CD into your drive, now turn off your computer, make sure the disk ID is big enough to save mostly of the data....
also, now that is saved, click the search button, and type ( battlefield vietnam) and then no results, then type in C:\programfiles\battlefield_vietnam\sound\datacab.3SSO
and then the file will appear,make sure that the game is not on your pc at the time, and you will have full game re-installed, if that dont wor, then re-format your PC like i already have done 15 times in 1 day, lol...
took, 21 hours, and no sleep next day, but im akid 13 years old, and i know a lot about BFV MOHAA BF etc...
anyone want to talk
my email is
itsmephillip@hotmail.com and my name phillip has 2 ll's :thumb: :rtfm: read it through 2 times and it will help :nod:

jwfsmbl
06-13-04, 12:34 PM
Hello Richard

You seems to have a Top, what is the score at 3d mark?

I have almost the same machine a Dell Dimension 8300, but with a PIV 3.2, isn't your machine noisy? My is Not silent have you installed any cooling or silent fan in yours to reduce the noise?

Thanks for letting me know.