View Full Version : CableNut settings
08-19-03, 04:26 PM
Hello, all. This is my first forum post to SpeedGuide.Net, so I was hoping one of you friendly folks could provide some CableNut settings for my connection. Here are the results of the TCP Analyzer:
TCP options string = 020405b40103030201010402
MTU = 1500
MTU is fully optimized for broadband.
MSS = 1460
Maximum useful data in each packet = 1460, which equals MSS.
Default Receive Window (RWIN) = 256960
RWIN Scaling (RFC1323) = 2 bits
Unscaled Receive Window = 64240
RWIN is a multiple of MSS
Other values for RWIN that might work well with your current MTU/MSS:
513920 (MSS x 44 * scale factor of 8)
128480 (MSS x 44 * scale factor of 2)
64240 (MSS x 44)
bandwidth * delay product:
Your RcvWindow limits you to: 10278.4 kbps (1284.8 KBytes/s) @ 200ms
Your RcvWindow limits you to: 4111.36 kbps (513.92 KBytes/s) @ 500ms
MTU Discovery (RFC1191) = ON
Time to live left = 52 hops
TTL value is ok.
Timestamps (RFC1323) = OFF
Selective Acknowledgements (RFC2018) = ON
IP type of service field (RFC1349) = 00000000
08-19-03, 04:28 PM
Welcome to Speedguide:D, please read here (http://forums.speedguide.net/showthread.php?s=&postid=643301#post643301) so that we can properly help you, please read it carefully since it will most likely answer any questions you may have. If after reading it you still need help please post the answers to the questions at the top.:D :cool:
08-19-03, 04:38 PM
2. Mediacom; 1.5Mbits/sec.
3. See above.
4. Windows XP Professional (SP1a).
Now can I have the CableNut settings?
08-19-03, 04:58 PM
Use the following settings in CableNut:
DefaultReceiveWindow = 192000
DefaultSendWindow = 16384
DisableAddressSharing = 1
InitialLargeBufferCount = 200
InitialMediumBufferCount = 480
InitialSmallBufferCount = 640
LargeBufferSize = 819200
MaxFastTransmit = 64000
MediumBufferSize = 150400
PriorityBoost = 0
SmallBufferSize = 12800
TransmitWorker = 32
FastSendDatagramThreshold = 4096
EnableFastRouteLookup = 1
EnablePMTUDiscovery = 1
IgnorePushBitsOnReceive = 0
GlobalMaxTcpWindowSize = 37960
MaxFreeTcbs = 8000
MaxHashTableSize = 16384
MaxNormLookupMemory = 5000000
SackOpts = 1
SynAttackProtect = 1
Tcp1323Opts = 0
TcpLogLevel = 1
TcpMaxDupAcks = 3
TcpMaxHalfOpen = 100
TcpMaxHalfRetried = 80
TcpRecvSegmentSize = 1460
TcpSendSegmentSize = 1460
TcpTimedWaitDelay = 30
TcpUseRFC1122UrgentPointer = 0
TcpWindowSize = 37960
MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server = 20
MaxConnectionsPerServer = 10
DefaultTTL = 64
DisableUserTOSSetting = 0
TcpMaxDataRetransmissions = 6
DefaultTOSValue = 240
VERY IMPORTANT TO DO THE FOLLOWING
1. Under your LAN connection - properties - general tab, uninstall all the protocols there that you do not need.
2. Open IE and select tools - internet options - connections - LAN settings, make sure NOTHING there is checked.
3. Make sure you have the latest drivers for your NIC from the manufacturer. Set your NIC duplex mode to 10mb half duplex for Cable, for DSL it is ISP dependent unless you are using a router, if so then set it to 100mb full duplex for both Cable & DSL (the instructions are in my Help & Tips link (http://forums.speedguide.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73799)). If you are using a router make sure you have the latest firmware.
4. Clear your temporary internet files.
5. Power cycle your modem, unplug it for atleast 15 seconds.
6. Download and update then do a scan with SpyBot 1.2 (http://beam.to/spybotsd) & Ad Aware 6.0 (http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download) to remove any spyware then install and update SpywareBlaster (http://www.wilderssecurity.com/spywareblaster.html) to stay spyware FREE. YOU MUST USE BOTH AD AWARE & SPYBOT TO ENSURE YOU ARE SPYWARE FREE SINCE ONE FINDS WHAT THE OTHER MISSES.
7. Make sure you do the faster web page tweak in my Help & Tips link (http://forums.speedguide.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73799).
08-19-03, 05:06 PM
Well, I can't enter all of the settings into CableNut because my monitor sucks ass. It's a long story, but just take my word for it. I did save the settings to a text file, so I will add them whenever I get a new one. However, I guess I'm stuck with the TCP Optimizer until then. Thanks for your time and effort, sir. :D
08-19-03, 05:10 PM
You need to change your screen resolution.
08-19-03, 05:53 PM
I can't. The maximum resolution is locked to 640x480 @ 60hz. The monitor came from an old Dell from 1989; my girlfriend loaned it to me after my "good" monitor died.
Unfortunately, money is tight right now, so I can't afford a decent one. Even worse, I've got a whole CD tower full of unplayable games. Oh, woe is me.
08-19-03, 06:00 PM
That really sucks.:(
if you go to my page here (http://home.covad.net/~zeiler07/cablenutXP2k.html) enter in Cable DSL Always on as connection type, 1500 as download, 128 as upload, then hit compute. Then click on CCS file generator, select all from that page, copy and paste into notepad, and save as settings.ccs. That will entera ll of the values in for you, just hit save to registry and reboot.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.